Великий Новгород, ул. Славная, д. 32/23
+7 (816) 263-48-01
Veliky Novgorod is the cradle of Russian history and the birthplace of Russian statehood. The city itself is an open-air museum with unique landmarks on the UNESCO World Heritage List. Ancient architectural monuments located in the city centre include the Kremlin, the jewel of Veliky Novgorod, where you can feel connected to the ancient history of Russia and see the famous birchbark letters from centuries ago along with many other rare artefacts from the ancient history of Veliky Novgorod.
Take a walk through Yaroslav’s Court and the Old Market to see the unique churches of the 12th-17th centuries.
Visit the St George’s (Yuriev) Monastery (11th century) and the Church of St George (12th century), the spiritual centre of Novgorodian Rus. You can learn about rural life by visiting the Vitoslavlitsy museum of wooden architecture (16th -19th centuries), which has original wooden churches, houses and household structures that feel like something out of a Russian fairy-tale where good always defeats evil.
Come to see the Craftsmen’s Settlement to learn about ancient crafts.
- Yaroslav’s Court and Old Market
- The Kremlin, including the Cathedral of St Sophia (15th century), the Likhud Block, the Clock Tower (Chasozvonya, 1673), the Bell Tower of the St Sophia Cathedral (15th century), and the Millennium of Russia monument.
- The Novgorod History and Archaeology Museum
- Craftsmen’s Settlement
- The St George’s (Yuriev) Monastery (11th century)
- The Church of St George (12th century)
- The Vitoslavlitsy museum of wooden architecture (16th-19th centuries)
Estimated cost upwards of 3,700 roubles per person
For more information about the itinerary, call +7 8162 634 801
Irina +7 921 192 5955
Tatyana +7 921 730 4343
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org