If you travel 60 km by the Tsar’s Road, you will reach the Coachmen’s Settlement where you can visit a coachman’s house and learn about the lives of coachmen in the 18th century, their families, the history of the trade, traditions, stories, and the delivery of mail by post horse. You will also be able to receive a travelling permit and have it stamped.
You are invited to the Krestetskaya Strochka Factory, where you will be taken on a tour of the shops, learn about the famous White Miracle embroidery and visit the exposition of unique embroidery designs dating back to 1860. Immerse yourself in the household customs, traditions, rituals, games and pastimes of Russian village life. In keeping with tradition, the mistress of the house will treat you to an authentic peasant dinner and tea from a samovar with pies and table talk.
In Veliky Novgorod, you can take a walk through Yaroslav’s Court and Old Market and see ancient churches of the 12th-17th centuries.
You can visit the Novgorod Detinets (Kremlin), which has not changed since it was built. Its walls and towers are a powerful symbol of the centuries-long history of the Novgorod Republic.
You are invited to visit the St George’s (Yuriev) Monastery (11th century) and the Church of St George (12th century) and to admire the wonderful medieval architecture in the Vitoslavlitsy museum of wooden buildings dated to the 16th-19th centuries.
Come to see the Craftsmen’s Settlement to learn about ancient crafts.
- Coachmen’s Settlement
- Krestetskaya Strochka Factory
- Russian village
- Yaroslav’s Court and Old Market
- The Kremlin, including the Cathedral of St Sophia (15th century), the Likhud Block, the Clock Tower (Chasozvonya, 1673), the Bell Tower of the St Sophia Cathedral (15th century), and the Millennium of Russia monument
- The St George’s (Yuriev) Monastery (11th century)
- The Church of St George (12th century)
- The Vitoslavlitsy museum of wooden architecture (16th-19th centuries)
- Craftsmen’s Settlement
Estimated cost upwards of 4,750 roubles per person
For more information about the itinerary, call +7 8162 634 801
Irina +7 921 192 5955
Tatyana +7 921 730 4343