Soak in the atmosphere of the place where the great Russian author lived and found inspiration for his novels.
This is a guided tour of sites related to Fyodor Dostoyevsky’s life and work in Staraya Russa, his only place of residence that he freely chose.
Accompanied by a local historian, you will get insights into the Dostoyevsky family’s life in Staraya Russa and visit the key landmarks and sites associated with the legendary novelist. Watch as the events of The Brothers Karamazov novel come to life during your stroll around this 19th century resort town.
- Historical Paraskeva Pyatnitsa Street
- Fyodor Dostoyevsky Monument
- St George’s Church (15th century) (visit not included)
- Miracle-Working Icon of the Staraya Russa Mother of God
- Fyodor Dostoyevsky House Museum (visit not included)
- Dostoyevskogo Embankment
- Grushenka’s House
- Sobornaya Square
- Brothers Karamazov Museum (visit not included)
Estimated cost Adult ticket 450 roubles, children’s ticket 360 roubles, and free for children under four.