New opportunities for travellers on Russia’s Silver Necklace
Starting in August, you will be able to check in using the bonus points programme of the RussiaTravel.club Northwest at five new locations. Collect bonus points by visiting tourist and information centres in Apatity, Kirovsk, Kronshtadt, Vyborg, and Svetlogorsk.
The points can be exchanged for prizes during trips around Northwestern regions. Following the summer and autumn season, tourists who have accumulated the most points will be entered to compete for grand prizes (accommodation + tours in Silver Necklace cities).
It is simple to join the club: visit www.RussiaTravel.club on your mobile phone and choose your preferred messenger app: Telegram, VKontakte, or Viber. There tourists can stay in touch with local tourist information centres, get reviews of interesting events and take part in quizzes on various regions.
Municipal tourist information centres are joining the Silver Necklace Travellers ClubThe origin of the RussiaTravel.club Northwest goes back to a discussion on 2 August 2021 at a working meeting of the Silver Necklace tourist information centres led by Tourist Information Centres Partnership President Mikhail Ushakov. In August, municipal and city tourist information centres joined the project.
On 1 May 2021, a separate bonus programme for travels within the Silver Necklace of Russia interregional tourist project was launched based on the RussiaTravel.club. It includes all 11 Northwest regions. Its aim is to encourage travel and to make it a fun game with prizes for each completed “level.” Prizes can be claimed with points earned from visits to tourist information centres.
“After our joint event, municipal tourist information centres became very active. Today five of them have already joined the project. There, tourists can check in to get bonus points. Visiting cards with special promotion codes were designed to fast-track the registration process,” Mikhail Ushakov said
It is noteworthy that tourists also asked municipal tourist information centres to join the project. Many travellers visit resort cities, not regional centres, on weekend tours.
Currently points can be earned at the following Northwestern tourist information centres:
- Novgorodian Rus Tourist Office, Novgorod Region
- Krasnaya Izba Tourist Information Centre, Veliky Novgorod
- Arkhangelsk Region Tourist Information Centre
- Vologda Region Tourist Information Centre
- Kaliningrad Region Tourist Information Centre
- Svetlogorsk City District Tourist Information Centre
- Karelia Tourist Information Centre
- Komi Tourist Information Centre
- Leningrad Region Tourist Information Centre
- Vyborg Tourist Information Centre
- Murmansk Region Tourist Information Centre
- Apatity Administration Tourist Information Centre
- Kirovsk Tourist Information Centre
- Nenets Autonomous Area Arctic Tourism Centre
- Pskov Region Tourist Information Centre
- St Petersburg City Tourist Information Office
- Museum of Kronshtadt History St Petersburg Information and Culture Centre
The RussiaTravel.club for Silver Necklace Travellers loyalty programme was launched on 1 May 2021. It includes 11 Northwestern regions and over 45,000 users.
In order to join the bonus programme: visit www.RussiaTravel.club on your mobile phone and choose your preferred messenger or social media app: Telegram, VKontakte, or Viber. There tourists can stay in touch with local tourist information centres, get reviews of interesting events and take part in quizzes on various regions.